Sundargarh is the District headquarter of Sundargarh developed after 1850 when the Chauhan King Danardan Sekhar Deo shifted his capital to this place Sundargarh literally means “Beautiful fort” which is situated on the bank of river Ib. It occupies a very prominent position in the mineral map of India includes Iron-Ore, Manganese, lime stone, dolomite and coal are deposited in the large scale.
The KV is situated 5 Km far away from district headquarter and established in 1993. The sponsoring authority of KV is district administration. First the vidyalaya started functioning behind the Govt. Women’s College in a temporary building sponsored by the State Govt. with single section school. Due to the effort by the KVS, the district administration was allotted 10 Acres of land for the construction of KVS building at Bhawanipur, Sankara post office.
Last Updated (Saturday, 30 July 2016 10:53)